PWAM: Day 6

It's funny, you might think that since I am depriving my self of delicious foods this week, I would want to avoid the sight of them as much as possible.  The fact is, I've been looking at recipes online- you know the ones that have gorgeous photos of the ingredients, step-by-step instructions, and then the yummy dish at the end.  I don't think I really ever before stopped to think about what a huge role food plays in our culture and our daily lives. 
Obviously, we need to eat.  God created our bodies that way.  And He created us with taste buds as well as the ability to enjoy tantalizing scents and varied textures in our food.
My learning curve is how to stay balanced between eating for energy, health, and sustenance while not going overboard eating for pleasure. 
In non-food related "news"...my hair is doing ok, my skin is a little dry.  I've been drinking more water than I usually do in an effort to help out my skin that way, as well as to keep from getting dehydrated, of course.  The clothing rules have proven to not be a really big deal, and I'm thinking I could take a good hard look at my wardrobe and do some weeding out.  My wardrobe is honestly not overly huge but when I think about how I "survived" SO EASILY all week with two dresses, it starts to seem pretty big.  And, of course, whether my wardrobe is big or small is rather a matter of comparison.  Compared to M. Ob.ama or Princess Di.ana it is quite tiny.  Compared to the street boys in Uganda who just attended a wedding in love-gifted shirts, ties, and shorts, it's quite enormous.

Today's very obvious luxury:

12.)  The luxury of shelter.  Specifically thinking of my car.  Not only do I get to have beautiful home to give me shelter (Thanks, Dad!)  but I get to work in a sheltered place- not out in the windy rainy spring weather.  And not only that, I get to be sheltered even while I go from home to work and back again.  No waiting for a bus- just hop in my car and go.  No trying to keep my balance on a bicycle while the gusts of wind try to knock me down.  No walking through puddles or mud. 

I am a very very blessed woman indeed.

P.S.  Before I know it, I WILL be walking to work, when I choose.  Yay!  I'll tell you about it later.

Comments

Jeannie D. said…
You have really made me think this week as you have been working at your experiment. Maybe every believer should go thru a week like this. I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure I couldn't. I am VERY proud of you Marcia, and I am sure that God is very pleased and honored by your love. God bless you as you come to the end of your journey - a week you will never forget!