PWAM: Day 4

Day 4 means I am a little more than half way through my seven days!  Yay! 
Today really was a very good day.
Even though there was a photo shoot going on at work that involved lots and lots of yummy food.  (Well, I think it was yummy.  I didn't taste any of it.  haha).
Even though there were whoopie pies and a bowl of extra filling in the lunch room.

I chugged down my rice and beans for lunch and felt great all afternoon.  I'm hungry this evening, but it's bearable.  My body must be getting used to this.  Hopefully?  =)

Maybe part of the reason this is getting better is that now the end is in sight. 
I'm worried about one thing:  What if I go crazy and eat way too much after I finish PWAM?
I'm sad about one thing:  What about all the people who are actually living like this and that's just life for them? 

Tonight is the night for this:

In reality my arrangement doesn't look like that, but doesn't that one look so cozy and idyllic?
 And just for interest's sake, how fun are these two?




My "tent" is actually just a tarp tacked to the side of the house on one side and a bench on the other side.  I'll be sleeping on the deck.  Yes, you can call me wimpy.

Today's luxuries:
9.)  The blessing of Mom and Dad.  They are a blessing and I'm so glad God gave them to me.  Mom's going to sleep outside with me.  =)  Dad put up the tarp for me.  Our conversation while he worked...Me:  "What can I do?"  Dad: "Just watch Papa."  So I did.  It really wasn't much work and I did help a little then.  =)  But, really, I'm glad God blessed me with these particular parents.  I love you, Mom and Dad!
10.)  The blessing of knowing God.  Even if every material thing I have would be taken away, and I survived on rice and beans every day for the rest of my life, I would still be rich in Christ.  I'm a daughter of the King and NO ONE can take that away from me.  It's the greatest blessing of all, covenanted to last forever.

Comments

Anonymous said…
loved the part about your parents...they are gems! and by the way, so are you. i can't quite imagine having to deal with yummy-looking food all day at work and NOT eating any. i admire you and am challenged. love, renita
Brenda said…
you go, girl! and yay for your mom!i'm glad you're not sleeping out in this part of the country tonite. it is windy (like 30 mph +) and the low is to be 33 degrees. love, aunt brenda
Mimy said…
Love reading your updates Marcia. So inspired by the journey you are on. Blessings to ya as you finish this out! Oh and so agree with you about the parents thing. That is so the kind of thing my parents always did for me. They still do but in a different way. What a blessing to have such loving parents...