PWAM: Day 5

It's cold tonight.  Colder than last night.  Because I have the luxury of choice, I chose to sleep outside last night, and I'm glad that's the night I chose.  I thank God with all my heart for giving me shelter and a cozy bed and I plan to enjoy it tonight.  Obviously this is by far not the coldest night of the year, but I'm still glad to not be out in it. 

Just so you know, I didn't sleep very well.  I slept on a blanket and a sleeping bag, in a sleeping bag, with another blanket over me.  I didn't want to be cold, and I wasn't!  It was the hardness of the wooden deck that bothered me.  I've gotten too used to my soft bed here at home.  Around 7 o'clock this morning I staggered into the house and enjoyed...

11.) The luxury of my Cozy Bed:  I really did.  Since today was my day off I crawled into my bed.  Don't worry, I didn't stay there all day.

I'm thinking about the Japanese people tonight.  The ones whose lives were spared but whose homes were not.  The ones who are living in shelters and probably wondering if they will ever find a way home.  The ones whose homes are contaminated by the leakage from the nuclear plants.  I wish I could go to them with enough blankets and sleeping bags and real beds for each and everyone of them.  I wish we could all go and envelop them with the love of God.  I wish I could hug all the new orphans, console the elderly, and give hope to the middle aged who have to rebuild their lives.  What I can do is be a part of a fireman's brigade.  A brigade that is passing on not buckets of water to fight fire, but love and hope to fight desolation and despair.  I am going to make a donation to CAM
Do you want to do the same?  Even a really big bucket can be filled with tiny drops, if there are enough of them. 

Comments

Unknown said…
just read this, reminded me of your trek...

http://thesnapper.com/2011/04/15/students-walk-a-day-in-someone-elses-shoes/

mrpaul
Amber said…
You have been in my thoughts every day since I first saw your post explaining your project. You have been a huge inspiration to me...making me re-think all that I take for granted, daily. It is also a challenge for me to focus on the needs of others above my own; to die to self, pick up my cross, and follow Christ.