PWAM: Day 2

  • Today I realized how food to me has become so much about enjoyment and so little about sustenance.  This week is forcing me to turn that around.  Today my rice and beans were eaten almost solely for their sustenance.  I found very little pleasure in eating them.  In fact, I almost had to choke them down.  That "beany" flavor makes me want to shudder.  I knew I had to eat it, though.  And I really could tell that I had more energy in the afternoon than I did in the morning.
  • The other rules I made for myself are not really a big deal so far.  I don't mind that tomorrow I'll wear the same dress I wore yesterday. 
Today's luxuries:
4.) The luxury of a hot shower.  It's actually comforting.
5.) The luxury of minty toothpaste.  It doesn't taste like beans.  'Nuff said.

Comments

I just started following your blog, and really love your heart! You are on my husband and i's mind this week. Your commitment is very commendable... and encouraging. I am praying for you today!
Anonymous said…
I'm enjoying your journey. Great perspective on minty toothpaste.
-Chad Stoltzfus