to begin again

It's been over a year since I "began" this blog. It feels like no one knows it's here, but maybe that will change. I feel unsure. My heart is full, but how do I translate heartbeats to words? I feel trepidation. Will I offend someone? Will people feel their toes are being stepped on or as if they are being sent on a guilt trip? I pray God's Spirit will direct me to holy writing, will keep my heart humble so the words that appear here are in line with His heart. This is not about me, it is about Him, and it is about the little ones of the world whom He loves dearly.

There are many, many blogs and websites about the needs of the orphans in this world in which we live. Why should I start another one? Simple...maybe the voice of this blog will reach someone who hasn't read those other blogs. Perhaps through the voice of this blog, you (yes, you!) will hear the voice of a child. The voice of a child who is much like one of the children you know- your daughter or your son, your sister or your brother, your niece or your nephew, your cousin, your Sunday School student, your friend's child. The voice of a child who is much like these children, except this child is alone. Alone in perhaps every sense of the word.

"Except God", you say, "God is with every child, so they're not really alone. Jesus loves all the little children of the world, right?" Right, of course. But who will be the feet and legs of Jesus, joining in a game of tag or running a race? Who is letting Jesus use their hands and arms to cradle a baby or scoop up a little one who fell and scraped her knee? Who will give them a kiss for Jesus? You know He's not here on this earth anymore to do these things Himself. But you. You are here.

Hear this. If you are a Christian, then you are the body of Christ. You are Jesus, walking and talking every day. Your ears are His ears. Your eyes are His eyes. He is neither blind nor deaf to the voices of children. So what is He seeing and what is He hearing today?
He sees atrocities committed against slave children in the sex industry of Asia.
He sees bruises on the bodies and hearts of children beaten in America.
He hears the heartbroken cries of newly orphaned, traumatized children in Haiti.
His ears catch every whimper of the starving AIDS orphans in Africa.
Each has a face, and not one is alike, but He knows every feature of every one. Each has a voice, and He hears it. Can you hear it? May this blog be a holy megaphone.

For Him, for them, with love always,
Marcia

Comments

Anonymous said…
You just never know who is reading. Keep going. Don't stop. These littles ones need someone who will advocate for them - who will shout for them - and cry for them.
Shelly said…
Hi Marcia,

Thanks for your kind comments every-now-and-then . . . it's always fun to know who is reading, and I agree, sometimes it can seem like no one knows a blog exists because not many people take the time to say so! I must admit I had forgotten about your blog, but am now adding it to my "reading list" so that I'll see new updates automatically. I like your name and theme. Keep on writing!